Textile Ducts Features and Use
- How long do textile ducts last?
- As long as the equipment, with adequate maintenance.
- Where should textile ducts be used?
- In any environment that requires air-conditioning, air purification and heating, such as offices, greenhouses, tunnels, shopping centers, and various industries (car, food, pharmaceutical, electronics, aeronautics, etc.), as well as mines and to extract air. See more here.
- Up to what height can textile ducts be fitted?
- Usually between 2.5 m and 20 m, but they can be used at bigger heights.
- What temperatures do textile ducts withstand?
- Depending on the material, from -20° C up to 500° C.
- What conditions can textile ducts withstand (acidity, UV exposure, humidity, chemical agents, temperature)?
- There is a solution for each set of conditions.
- How does dust affect textile ducts?
- Depending on the type of diffusion, dust can affect the working condition of textile ducts, so regular maintenance is recommended.
- How can I keep the textile duct’s shape when it’s not working?
- Using Keep the Shape by DTI. See more here.
- What’s the smallest diameter of textile ducts?
- 10” is recommended.
- What’s the biggest diameter of textile ducts?
- There is no limit.
- How are turbulences controlled in textile ducts?
- With a good speed-diameter design for the duct.
Trajectories and Derivations
- When should the textile duct be narrowed?
- When there is change of direction and in straight segments when the trajectory of the duct is longer than 30 m.
- How do narrowing affect the textile duct?
- Narrowing helps keep speed conditions in the trajectory of the duct.
- How is the textile duct connected to the equipment?
- Using a connection latch.
- What is the distance between connections to the textile duct?
- There are no restrictions.
- How noisy are textile ducts?
- They can be kept to 5 dB in 2 KHz frequency ranges.
- What are textile duct modules like?
- They are joined with zippers every 9 m.
- Why are elbows used in textile ducts?
- To change the direction of the air with a minimal pressure drop.
- How are textile ducts certified?
- Textil’Air ducts are UL certified under NFPA701 and NFPA90A.
- How can I choose the type of diffusion for the textile duct?
- Depending on the client’s needs, the type of diffusion is chosen based on the height, area to cover and temperature required.
- How is the size of the diffusion holes in the textile duct calculated?
- The size depends on the height and the temperature required.
- How do the number of aire diffusion lines and their position vary?
- Depending on the location, volume and temperature required.
- Why is Inerjet used in textile ducts?
- To reach heights of 20 m and above.
- Can textile ducts with a large diameter carry a low volume?
- Yes, if so needed by the client.
- How can the position of the air diffusion in the textile duct be signaled?
- Take the air direction as a reference and clockwise.
- How are pressure drops in the textile duct measured?
- We use the DTI calculator.
- What is the pressure drop in the textile duct compared to that of a metallic duct?
- Slightly lower.
- What is the minimum and maximum pressure the duct can withstand?
- From 40 Pa (0.2” CA) up to (20” CA).
- What is the pressure extraction ducts can withstand?
- Up to 750 Pa.
- What are the speed ranges recommended in textile ducts?
- As per ASHRAE norms.
- What is the risk of fire for textile ducts?
- We guarantee that a fire will never start at a textile duct.
- When does condensation appear in textile ducts?
- At dew point.
- How do I know if there is condensation and how can I prevent it?
- You need to contact a Textil’Air specialist and provide the information required.
Textile Duct Fabric
- Do textile ducts not fray with the air?
- Textile ducts do not fray because of our special laminated fabrics.
Textile Duct Maintenance
- How many times can the duct be washed?
- If washed adequately, it lasts for 70 washes.
- How can I define periods and washing programs for textile ducts?
- A Textil’Air specialist will inform you about this.
Textile Duct Accessories
- Are there accessories for textile ducts?
- Textil’Air offers a whole range of accessories for the client.
- How long does it take for textile ducts to be delivered?
- 2 to 3 weeks, if full information for the project is available.
- How long does it take for a quote to be sent?
- Within 24 hours, if full information for the project is available.
- What do I need to be sent a full quote? (Technical details)
- Use, volume, trajectory and type of system.